Teachers for the 21st Century ACP
Technology in the classroom
- A technology knowledge assessment is given to each teacher to understand their proficiency level.
- A brief overview of standard technical terms for teachers to know and understand.
- A presentation with power point and videos discussing all the technology available to the teacher for their subject. Examples are the use of videos for mini-lessons. How to coordinate live video from other teachers with expertise on the subject matter. Playing podcasts relevant to the subject as a supplement to engage auditory learners and as a supplement to instruction.
- Teachers are shown and participate in creating an effective presentation using images, graphs, sound clips, and video clips.
- Teachers are shown how to create and send adaptive content and create and share an Online Class Calendar for their classes.
- Introduce project-based learning and show how to implement it to their students. Beginning with a driving Question. Inquiry process using search engines and database libraries. Find a solution to the problem. Model for Teachers on how students will present their findings fun and meaningfully.
- Teachers learn to create and run learning stations.
- All Teachers participate and engage in using the smartboard to create interactive lessons and quizzes that can be graded and analyzed by the class.
- Use different applications teachers create, like quizzes and tests that students can use their phones or school-provided tablets or computers to answer. Teachers will be able to analyze, collect and manage data and link the grade to an electronic grade book.